SDGs AND HOLISTIC URBAN DEVELOPMENT
In European Green Cities we mainly support The UN Sustainable Development Goals no 3, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 17. The UN SDGs are interconnected, and thereby improving one of the goals often affect several of the others positively. But it is important to keep in mind that one battle at a time is more efficient, that trying to target everything at once, therefore we help cities create a baseline methodology, when they want to work with the SDG’s proactively.
- Targeting the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Baseline development
- Long term planning
- Creating synergies through interdisciplinary knowledge
MOBILITY AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENTS
European Green Cities are supporting great mobility for all users - especially children and women. Providing space for usergroups that often are dependent on walking or cycling, make the city accessible for everybody, and support the green transition towards a more CO2-neutral mobility system. Further we support fossil free car-use.
- Mobility plans
- Cycling analysis and strategic solutions
- Gender sensitive urban planning
- Solar powered E-mobility and charging infrastructure
SMART BUILDINGS AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
European Green Cities have over the years contributed to making façade renovations to support lower energy consumption and better living environments. We work to improve the building stock of social housing by contributing with our proficient knowledge from a vast variety of renovation projects across Europe.
- Knowledge on facade renovations and isolation
- Support better housing for
- Eliminating energy-poverty
COMMUNICATION AND STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
European Green Cities help stakeholders to include optimization and development of energy efficiency, energy production, mobility, health, education, fair democracy, recycling management, job creation, gender equality, smart grids, climate adaptation and biodiversity.
- Workshops and Community engagement
- Stakeholder processes
- Develop interdisciplinary understanding
- Webpage and newsletter design and management
EU FUNDING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
We support the cities, by offering cooperation in the first phases of project development, finding EU-funding and putting together a team, and eventually implementation, dissemination and project management.
- EU-applications and processes
- Strong network of European cooperation partners
- Project management
- EU-policies and agendas
To ensure knowledge sharing across Europe, we also manage the non-profit European Green Cities Network. The network consists of municipalities, social housing organizations, institutions, companies and universities from more than 19 countries. See more here.